Saturday, June 18, 2016

Why Flowers Was More Than Just Great Television


This review of Flowers is written by Chris Brosnahan on his blog here. I so loved this show and hope one day to buy the box set, but in the mean time, it's nice to see others' opinions of it. I still see it as a drama more than a comedy, no matter how dark it is labeled, but Chris mentions the humor of it. And he's not wrong. It's uncomfortable at times, and heartbreaking, but there is a certain amount of humor, also. Dark, understated humor. I just loved it. 

"Personally, I'm grateful to everyone involved for getting it made. It’s beautiful, it’s heartfelt and it still manages to be incredibly, cruelly, funny. It’s one of the more nuanced depictions of depression that I've seen in some time and I suspect it will help some conversations that people need to have."

No comments:

Post a Comment